Photo of Didi Bertrand Farmer with girls in Haiti who are participating in the Women and Girls Initiative. This is a project supported by St. Thomas Episcopal Parish Church and School because they believe that empowering girls through education will enable them to rise above the natural disasters and violence that have crippled their country.
This year, in lieu of an in-person fundraising event, St. Thomas is pleased to present
Shrove Tuesday Curbside Crepe and Cake Tuesday, February 16, 2021
Including a special education hour on the WGI, a Shrove Tuesday Zoom Party, the 2nd Annual Cake-Off, Haitian items for sale, and of course crepes and cake!
- A Zoom Education Hour on The Women and Girls Initiative hosted by Ann Rose and Catherine Farmer on Tuesday, February 9 from 4:30pm to 5:30pm. Join us at https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81918354048
- Please come by St. Thomas Church parking lot on Tuesday, February 16 from 5:30 - 6:30pm to pick up some Crepes and Cake in celebration of Shrove Tuesday and to support the Women and Girls Initiative in Haiti.
Made-to-order wonderful sweet and savory crepes packaged alongside yummy cake samples will be available for $10 each. Along with Haitian jewelry and art.
And then join us via Zoom that same night (Tuesday, February 16) at 7:00pm to hear the winner of the Cake-Off and celebrate Shrove Tuesday.
P.S. Please DONATE: Do what you can for WGI. Write a check made out to St. Thomas Church, make a note on it “WGI”, and mail it to the church - or give it to a runner when you pick up your crepes. Or, as always, donate at http://www.stepsmia.org/donate with WGI in the memo line.
- Buy some Haitian items to support WGI, including jewelry, crucifixes, and artwork - click here to buy now
- Our 2nd Annual Cake-Off, now featuring both an adult and children’s competition - sign up now
- Shrove Tuesday Zoom Party to celebrate together, hear the Cake-Off winner, and learn the amount raised to support WGI on Tuesday, February 16 at 7:00pm. Join us at https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82686154607
All proceeds support The Women and Girls Initiative, a program led by Didi Bertrand-Farmer, benefiting adolescent girls and young women in Haiti.
Pick up all purchased items on
Tuesday, February 16, 2021
5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
St. Thomas Episcopal Church Parking Lot
5690 N. Kendall Drive, Coral Gables
Thank you for your support of the Women and Girls Initiative.